The summer months offer extra time for students to perfect their musical talents. So don’t let all that extra practice time go to waste! Encourage your child to enter K12‘s sixth annual Music Showcase!
All musicians in kindergarten through grade 12 are encouraged to enter. Whether your child has a beautiful singing voice, rocks with friends in a band, or is on the way to mastering an instrument, this contest offers a chance for recognition and even a little fame!
It’s easy to enter. Simply take a video of your impressive musician, and submit it with your entry form to K12 by July 31. Your student will have the chance to win in his or her grade level for a plaque and a $25 iTunes gift card—or even as the Best in Show for a trophy and a $50 iTunes gift card!
Please submit your K12 Music Showcase entry via the “What’s Your Story?” website along with a video of the performance. The video of your entry will then appear on that website along with the other submissions. All entries must be received no later than 5 PM (ET) on Tuesday, July 31, 2018, to be eligible. Please note that entries submitted after the deadline will not be eligible for prizes.
Questions? Email stories@K12.com. Submit your child’s entry today! We look forward to seeing it!
For more ways to celebrate music education, check out:
- 5 Ways to Make Music Education a Priority
- 12 Educational Music Games and Apps for Kids
- 10 Benefits of Music Education for Students
- Make Homemade Music with These 6 DIY Instruments
- How to Give Your Child a Top-Notch Music Education
- How to Improve Studying and Learning with Music
- How to Keep Aspiring Musicians in Tune with Practice
- 5 Tips for Helping Your Child Choose an Instrument
- 5 More Reasons Your Child Should be Learning a Musical Instrument