If you are a parent and have ever wondered whether your child’s school is helping them reach their full potential, you are not alone. The pandemic forced us to look at education through a completely different lens, and many parents started to realize that there are other options—possibly better options. Brick-and-mortar schools have always been the traditional choice. But that’s changing as we gain a better understanding of the importance of catering to each child’s individual needs, characteristics, and skills—which is why many parents are taking a deeper look at online learning options.
As the parent, you know your child inside and out. So, it makes sense that you would want to have greater control over their education. If this resonates with you, you may want to consider the benefits of choosing online school for your child:
- Flexibility: Do you have a busy schedule? Between school, extracurricular activities, and family obligations, being able to set your own school schedule—one that works best for you and your family’s unique lifestyle—can be life-changing.
- Personalized experience: You and your child will get one-to-one time with state-certified teachers for supplementary learning and feedback. Plus, activities and lessons can be altered based on your child’s performance—which means being able to tailor the learning experience to their individual academic needs.
- Confidence: When a student can focus on their own academic journey—and not be distracted by how others are doing around them—they can fully immerse themselves in their learning and celebrate their accomplishments.
- Support: Enrolling in an online school rather than opting for homeschooling means having access to award-winning curriculum, engaging activities, game-based learning options, state-certified teachers, and a network of families who can be a support system and offer guidance and advice.
- More family time: With the increase of flexibility in work from home options, many parents have shared that online school is a natural fit for their family dynamics. From planning lessons and explaining concepts to making a schedule and engaging in conversations, enrolling in an online school can create the opportunity for more quality time together.
- Focus on overall well-being: Many students opt for online schooling when all-too-common issues such as bullying begin to take place in a traditional school. Enrolling in an online school gives you control over your child’s environment. From choosing the best clubs, sports, or activities, to reducing stress and anxiety that comes with issues at school, you and your child can build a positive, healthy school environment that works for them.
No matter what you decide is best for you and your family, know that you have options. An online school could be the learning environment your child needs to reach their full potential, allowing them to flourish academically and personally. Take time to do some additional research and find out if an online school like K12 is just what you’re looking for. For more information, go to K12.com.